Many people who suffer with chronic Lyme disease continue experiencing symptoms because something, often times multiple issues, are standing in the way of their recovery. If you have been treated for Lyme, but are still unwell, one of the underlying issues could be toxic mold exposure.

If you live, or work in a water-damaged area, then your body could be building up mold toxins. These toxins, known as “mycotoxins”, can trigger inflammation and damage your immune system. This means that exposure to mycotoxins is harmful on its own, but it can be particularly detrimental in people suffering from chronic Lyme.

According to Dr. Raj Patel, almost half of all unresolved Lyme cases could be linked to mold illness. Since both conditions cause similar symptoms, like joint pain and brain fog, it can be difficult to distinguish between the two.

Lyme disease is a condition spread through contamination with a spirochete bacteria. These bacteria are transferred sometimes by a tick bite, although there are other organisms that can transmit Lyme. Toxic mold illness comes from exposure to water-damaged buildings. Though you might not expect a relationship to exist between these two conditions, they often co-exist.(1)

Click here to read more 





Take our free mold quiz here